The Hospital Germans Trias has made a commitment to open innovation in recent months. Within the strategy, one of the first steps has been to open the doors of their hospital in Badalona to secpho members to come and explain how these technologies can help healthcare professionals.
The Hospital Germans Trias, member of the Open Innovation Club of secpho and the Institut Germans Trias i Pujol ( IGTP ) they have been developing this joint innovation program for months now, connecting physicians and researchers from healthcare research institutes with photonics experts to launch entrepreneurial projects.
The topics presented were:
- A photonics company vs a medical instrumentation company that uses photonics by David Castrillo from Hamamatsu Photonics
- 3 moments of use: White laser in the healthcare field by Ismael Almazán from FYLA
- Optical tweezers for biomedical research by Oriol Nós from Impetux
- Photonic technologies for the study of the development of diseases and the monitoring of their treatment by Martina Giovanella from ICFO
- Challenges of photonic technology by Josep Maria Serres from Eurecat
- Spectral control of light. New applications for the care and service of people in healthcare settings by Pablo Garzón from ledmotive
- Image CMOS sensors for medicine and biology by Renato Turchetta from IMASENIC